If you have searched the web, you already know that there are dozens of Reverse Cell Phone Lookup services. The following 3 factors should be considered when selecting a reverse lookup directory for cell phone numbers.
- The size of the directory’s database – this can vary from several million records up to 20 billion records
- Accuracy of the reverse directory – this depends on how up to date the particular database is
- The reputation of the service – the best services have even been recognized even in Inc. Magazine’s INC. 500.
If you haven’t seen our review of the best 3 reverse cell phone lookup services, please go to Top 3 Reverse cell phone lookup review
10 facts why this is our #1 reverse cell phone lookup directory
- Their award winning service was ranked as the 127th fastest growing company in North America according to Deloitte’s 2008 Technology Fast 500.
- The same program ranked them at number 8 for the Washington State (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 program).
- They don’t only specialize in looking up unlisted phone numbers, but they also do other reverse lookup searches like people search, background checks, neighborhood checks, court record and criminal record checks etc. etc.
- They have delivered over 3.2 Million reports in 2008 – Please note that this is not only reverse cell phone lookup reports. This number also includes other searches that the company specializes in, in addition to reverse cell phone lookups.
- As much as 1 million people visit their website every single day.
- They have processed more than 16 million orders. Their super fast technology typically processes more than 3000 queries per second (again, please bear in mind that these are not only searches associated with reverse phone number lookups).
- They have one of the largest databases in the country with over than 20 billion records in house.
- This reverse phone lookup company has been recognized in Inc. Magazine’s INC. 500.
- There were selected as one of Washington’s Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
- They also engage in charitable events that support Education, Health care, Youth and Family issues.
The following is a screenshot of their homepage. Since you are trying to do a reverse cell phone lookup, you should fill the phone number in question in the boxes that say Reverse Phone Lookup.
What to look for when selecting a reverse cell phone lookup directory service
There are a lot of companies that offer Reverse Cell Phone Lookup services. Obviously not all of them are equally good. Here are the criteria that you should look at before you decide on a particular service.
- The accuracy of data
- Is the phone numberdatabase frequently updated?
- How big is the particular cell phone lookup database?
Data accuracy – Obviously if the data is inaccurate, you should keep away from it. Inaccurate reverse phone lookup data will give you the name and address of somebody other than the actual owner of the telephone number that you are trying to trace. This obviously doesn’t need further explanation, so we’re not going to waste your time on this aspect of reverse cell phone directories.
Frequency of Updating – This is especially important with mobile phone directories than land phone numbers. People would rarely change their land numbers (home phone numbers), unless of course they move. But how often do people move? In contrast, people change cellular numbers all the time. I myself was with Verizon and changed to T-mobile at the beginning of 2009 and as of 2010 I’m on AT&T and considering going back to Verizon. And I know so many people that are worse than me. Try doing a reverse cell phone number lookup on me using an outdated database!
People do this all the time, when they get a better deal with a particular phone or with a particular cellular plan. These changes often come together with changes in the cell phone numbers as well. So what happens if you do a reverse cell phone lookup using an outdated cell phone directory? You get the previous owner’s name instead of the current owner’s. I’m sure you don’t want that.
Size matters – Who says it doesn’t? It is estimated that the USA has over 250 million cell phone users. So would you rather use a company that has 100 million telephone numbers in their reverse phone lookup database or one that has 250 million numbers in their cell phone number directory to lookup unlisted phone numbers? This is why it is extremely important that you choose the correct service for all your reverse cell phone search needs.
Top services you should use for reverse cell phone lookup
- Intelius – The best by far and an award winning company. They have been in the information commerce industry (aka predictive intelligence) since 2003, that’s a pretty old company when it comes to the internet! They have won so many awards that are far too many to list here. Overall, we think this is the best deal if you are trying to do a reverse cell phone lookup or any other reverse lookup.
- Reverse Phone Detective – Another great service. Their database has information about 217 million telephone numbers. At the time of writing this, they didn’t say if it was entirely cell phone numbers or if it included land phones as well. It has given us accurate information over and over whenever we tried to reverse search mobile numbers of our team members. They only specialize in reverse cell phone lookup services however.
- Cell Phone Number Registry – This is another great service whose database contains 253 million numbers. They also offer forward lookup. In other words, you can enter somebody’s name and find out their cell number. This forward look up functionality is not something offered by too many other services.
- Reverse Records – In addition to cell phone number searches, they give other searches such as SSN records, E-mail address search, Sex offender search and reverse address search. They also give you a free background report to compliment with your reverse phone lookup.
Conclusion: According to our findings the # 1 RECOMMENDATION
for an accurate reverse cell phone lookup is Intelius.
Here is what a typical reverse cell phone lookup report from Intelius would look like